Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Disney Half-Marathon!

What a blast! This past weekend was the highly anticipated Disneyland Half-Marathon, and I can't believe it's all over. Here are some shots I managed to get on my cell phone while running through Disneyland, Anaheim, the Honda Center, and Angels Stadium (yes, I was a tourist in my own backyard!).

Fireworks during the National Anthem

What a beauty
Corral F! Getting ready to run at 6:30am!
The Disney portion of the race!


Rising with the sun

Mariachi dancers and band!
Approaching the Honda Center around 8:15am
Guess who <3's me?!
Soo hungry, but the Clif shots were soo gross
Mile 10, Angels Stadium!

Whoot! Last leg of the race, back to Disneyland!
Check :)

Considering how unprepared I was for this, I think I did pretty well with a finish time of 2:36:15. It was a much needed confidence booster and so much fun. I loved the tremendous support and rallies along the course. And obviously, I couldn't have done it without the well wishes and support of my friends and family. This is definitely one half-marathon of many. I can't wait until my next one!